From a media release:
CANADA’S GOT TALENT WELCOMES CANADIAN POP-ROCKERS HEDLEY TO PERFORM IN THE EAGERLY-AWAITED LIVE RESULTS, MAY 14
- The Juno Award-winning group joins 12-year-old soprano sensation and America’s Got Talent runner up Jackie Evancho on the roster of performers for the highly-anticipated Live Results
- Measha Brueggergosman gives a special performance during tomorrow night’s live results show
- Canada’s Got Talent airs Sunday nights at 8 p.m. and Monday nights at 9 p.m. local time on Citytv
As announced earlier on Citytv’s Canada’s Got Talent, multi-platinum selling, pop-rock group Hedley will take the stage by storm for the much-anticipated Live Results on Monday, May 14. Hedley joins previously announced America’s Got Talent runner up Jackie Evancho on the list of performers for the finale.
Signed to Universal Music Canada, since forming in 2004, Hedley – comprised of singer/songwriter Jake Hoggard, guitarist Dave Rosin, bassist Tommy Mac and drummer Chris Crippin – have achieved tremendous success in the Canadian pop music industry with a string of #1 hits (including “Invincible,” “Perfect,” “Never Too Late,” “For The Nights I Can’t Remember”) and performing at countless sold-out shows across the country. The 15-time Juno nominated group recently took home the 2012 Juno Award for Pop Album of the Year for their new, Certified Platinum album Storms. A full-length, concept album, Storms is a cohesive work of melodic inspiration, drawn from the real lives of its creators and it is already striking a chord with fans both new and old. The record’s touching first single “Invincible” has proven to be the group’s fastest-selling digital track of all-time. Hedley is currently touring on their 2012 Shipwrecked Tour, bringing their raw talent and emotionally charged performances to audiences all across Canada.
In addition to tonight’s announcement about Hedley’s appearance in the finale, the Canada’s Got Talent semifinal performances came to an end, as the last six semifinalists took the stage earlier this evening on Citytv. The final group of semifinalists competing for the viewers’ votes were: Aygul Memet (Toronto), Broken Dance (Mississauga, ON), Francelle & Matt (Dieppe, NB), Jack Ettlinger (Toronto), Laheeb Quddusi (Devon, AB), and Marianne Demers (Sainte-Julie, QC).
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017