From a media release:
CANADAâ€™S TOP 20 DOROTHYS SELECTEDÂ FOR CBCâ€™S OVER THE RAINBOW
- The Top 20 Dorothy hopefuls will contend for a spot to be one of 10 finalists to compete in CBC Televisionâ€™s OVER THE RAINBOW
On the heels of the nation-wide audition tour in search of Dorothy, the Top 20 Dorothys for CBC Televisionâ€™s OVER THE RAINBOW have been selected.Â The Top 20 were chosen from the top competitors from across the country following the national OVER THE RAINBOW callback auditions, which took place in Toronto on Thursday, June 21st. Over the course of the summer, the Top 20 Dorothys will battle it out for the chance to capture one of 10 spots in CBC Televisionâ€™s upcoming live competition series, OVER THE RAINBOW. The winner of the series will star in Andrew Lloyd Webberâ€™s Canadian production of The Wizard of Oz, opening at the Ed Mirvish Theatre in Toronto this December.
Canadaâ€™s Top 20 Dorothys are:
- Malindi Ayienga, Etobicoke, ON
- Michelle Bouey, Charlottetown, PEI
- AJ Bridel, Kitchener, ON
- Alessandra Cannito, Toronto, ON
- Rebecca Codas, Toronto, ON
- Sarah Forestieri, Nobleton, ON
- Colleen Furlan, Winnipeg, MB
- Julia Gartha, Unionville, ON
- Jennifer Gillis, Coquitlam, B.C.
- Cassandra Hodgins, London, ON
- Stephanie La Rochelle, Ottawa, ON
- Lia Luz, Scarborough, ON
- Fiona McIntyre, Port Moody, BC
- Jessie Munro, Toronto, ON
- Tevra Plamondon, Red Deer, AB
- Emily Robertson, Milford Station, NS
- Christie Stewart, Vernon, BC
- Michelle Thibodeau, Moncton, NB
- Kelsey Verzotti, Calgary, AB
- Danielle Wade, La Salle, ON
OVER THE RAINBOW is an exciting new live competition series coming this fall to CBC, produced by Temple Street Productions. The winner will star in Andrew Lloyd Webberâ€™s new production of The Wizard of Oz, opening at the Ed Mirvish Theatre in Toronto this December. Starting in September, host Daryn Jones will introduce the 10 finalists who will compete live on OVER THE RAINBOW Sunday nights on CBC Television, singing a mixture of Broadway and pop songs each week.Â Then, in half-hour results episodes on Monday nights, the bottom two Dorothys (as determined by an online public vote) will face-off and one participant will be saved from elimination by the judges.Â The competition will culminate in a showdown between the final three, with Lord Lloyd Webber himself in attendance, and Canada choosing the winner.
2 thoughts on “Top 20 Dorothys selected for Over The Rainbow”
Definitly not gonna watch this, especially considering 11 out of the 20 finalists are from Ontario.
To Ally from Saskatchewan
You’re not watching because most are from Ontario? You know 40% of the Canadian population lives in Ontario, right? Only 3% live in Saskatchewan. If you wanted some home-province representation, why didn’t you audition? I would imagine that there is also a larger proportion of music schools in Ontario compared to Saskatchewan.
Also, if you have talent and want to be discovered, do you think you have better chances of being discovered in the sparsely populated province of Saskatchewan? Or in the densely populated province of Ontario. The more people, the more likely there is to be talent.
I will definitely be watching this show. Hoping my friend makes it into the top 10, and if not, I’d still watch it because I’m sure all these women have real singing talent, unlike most ‘singers’ these days.
Comments are closed.