From a media release:
W Networkâ€™s Top Rated Series Undercover Boss Canada Returns with Grimier Tasks and Tougher Challenges
- New episodes air Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning September 6Â
Corus Entertainmentâ€™s W Network announced the names of the 10 companies who will be featured on Undercover Boss Canada this fall. From fisheries to the oil and gas sector to hockey, viewers will have an inside look at iconic Canadian industries and meet the new bosses from Canlan Ice Sports Corp, Cooke Aquaculture, East Side Marioâ€™s, Home Hardware, PJâ€™s Pets, Premiere Van Lines, Purdyâ€™s Chocolates, Tervita Corporation, T&T Supermarket and the Victorian Order of Nurses (VON), who are pushed to their limits with grittier and grimier tasks. From Alliance Films, produced in association with W Network, Undercover Boss Canada premieres on Thursday, September 6 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, with Canadian owned and operated retailer Home Hardware.
Back with 10 new episodes, Undercover Boss Canada follows executives as they leave the comfort of their top floor offices to go undercover on the ground floor. Each episode features an executive who is transformed into a frontline worker with a covert disguise and a convincing back story. Working alongside their employees, each â€œbossâ€ embarks on an often emotional journey as they struggle to learn new skills not required at the CEO level and discover the effects their decisions have on others, the perception of the company, and who the unsung heroes of their workforce are. Most importantly, they learn how to apply what they have gained from the experience â€“ both for their company and for themselves.
Below is a list of the 10 companies and executives participating in the series:Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Home Hardware â€“ The Executive Vice President and COO (Chief Operating Officer) Terry Davis returns to his roots working in the warehouse by making his own improvements on Thursday, September 6 at 9 p.m.Â
- Canlan Ice Sports Corp â€“ CEO Joey St-Aubin goes undercover in the largest private owned sports facilities in North America, in an effort to win back cost-conscious customers on Thursday, September 13 at 9 p.m.Â Â Â Â Â
- Purdyâ€™s Chocolates â€“ The Director of Chocolate Merchandising and Marketing Kriston Dean goes undercover in Purdyâ€™s Chocolates stores and factory floors to find out if she can boost chocolate sales on Thursday, September 20 at 9 p.m.Â
- Cooke Aquaculture â€“ CEO Glenn Cooke spends a week working undercover at the Canadian leader in salmon farming, encountering the Maritimers who nurture his fish and their remarkable stories on Thursday, September 27 at 9 p.m.
- Victorian Order of Nurses (VON) â€“ CEO Judith Shamian works undercover to see first-hand the pressure that nurses and caregivers are under and quickly discovers that working in disguise is riddled with risks on Thursday, October 4 at 9 p.m.
- East Side Marioâ€™s â€“ CEO John Rothschild works in disguise in his own kitchens in a bid to check on the front lines of his business. (Air date TBD)Â
- Premiere Van Lines â€“ Vice President Kirsten Flynn sweats it out packing and moving during a heat wave and discovers some of her staff are lacking the tools that they need. (Air date TBD)
- PJâ€™s Pets and Pets Unlimited â€“ President Margaret Kordas tries to overcome her phobia of spiders when she goes undercover in one of the nationâ€™s oldest pet store chains. (Air date TBD)
- T&T Supermarket â€“ Executive Director, Strategy & Operations Tina Lee is secretly searching for ways to attract more customers but struggled to work undercover in her stores while pregnant. (Air date TBD)
- Tervita Corporation â€“ Tervita specializes in dirty jobs, providing environmental cleanup for Western Canadaâ€™s booming energy and mining industries. Vice President Fory Musser works in disguise among his own workers to find out how to attract more employees. (Air date TBD)