From a media release:
Last Night on The Bachelor Canada: Bachelor Bradâ€™s Journey Began with his 25 Bachelorettes
- Bachelorettes Amber, Clarice, Fawn, Jessica, Mindy, Rebecca, Sandy, Tina, and Tracy sent home on night one
- Beginning next week, The Bachelor Canada moves to its regular timeslot Wednesdays at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT
As the limousines rolled up to The Bachelor Canada mansion one by one, 25 of the most eligible women in the country were introduced to Canadaâ€™s first-ever bachelor in the series premiere last night on Citytv. From Rebeccaâ€™s (a.k.a. â€œBubbaâ€) brazen attitude to Gabrielleâ€™s feisty personality and Whitneyâ€™s memorable entrance â€“ which earned her the first-impression rose â€“ the bachelorettes put it all on the line in an attempt to stand out from the crowd and woo bachelor Brad Smith.
The most shocking entrance of the night came when former bachelorette, Canadian Jillian Harris, stopped by to interview the girls and give Brad the low-down on each one, leading up to the first rose ceremony of the season. In a shocking twist, Brad â€“ unable to limit his decision to just 15 bachelorettes â€“ handed out one extra rose, sending only nine girls home from the mansion. The bachelorettes who did not receive roses were (in alphabetical order):
- Amber, 29 (strip club server), from Winnipeg
- Clarice , 25 (office administrator), from Toronto
- Fawn, 25 (sales associate), from Ajax, ON
- Jessica, 23 (CFL team rep), from Vancouver
- Mindy, 33 (photo lab manager), from Rocky Mountain House, AB
- Rebecca, a.k.a. â€œBubba,â€ 27 (real estate agent), from Toronto
- Sandy, 29 (makeup artist), from Wetaskiwin, AB
- Tina, 26 (trial lawyer), from Thunder Bay, ON
- Tracy, 28 (grad student), from Victoria
Next week, Wednesday, Oct. 10 at 9:30 p.m. ET/PT, Brad and eight bachelorettes are whisked away to the first big â€“ and risquÃ© â€“ group date of the season. But, when rumours begin to swirl and new pressures bear down on Brad, jealous hearts become too much to handle and a shocking cocktail party leaves everyone speechless. Find out who will earn a rose and who will be sent home as Brad continues his search for Mrs. Right with bachelorettes Ana (Ottawa); Bianka (Mississauga, ON); Britany (Swift Current, SK); Chantelle (Sylvan Lake, AB); Gabrielle (Oakville, ON); Kara (Delta, B.C.); Laura B. (Ottawa); Laura F. (Winnipeg); Melissa Marie (North Vancouver, B.C.); Michelle B. (Newmarket, ON); Michelle V. (Calgary); Nicole (St. Thomas, ON); Sophie (Moncton, N.B.); Stephanie (Montreal); Tia (Ottawa), and Whitney (Calgary).