From a media release:
– Hosted by James Duthie, pilot is first project in Bell Media’s content deal with United Artists Media Group and Highway Entertainment –
– New innovative format gives budding entrepreneurs the chance to make their dreams come true through the help of the consumer crowd –
– Celebrity entrepreneur experts Amber MacArthur and Ron Tite round out cast –
The customer is always right! CTV announced today from Prime Time in Ottawa the start of production on the new one-hour reality series pilot, DREAM FUNDED: LET THE CROWD DECIDE, produced by CTV in association with Entertainment One (eOne), Highway Entertainment, and United Artists Media Group. The pilot is the first project from Bell Media’s partnership with United Artists Media Group (a newly formed joint venture among MGM, Mark Burnett, Roma Downey, and Hearst Entertainment) and Omnicom Media Groups’ Highway Entertainment. Hosted by TSN’s James Duthie, DREAM FUNDED: LET THE CROWD DECIDE offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to earn up to $50,000 by pitching their untested business ideas to a crowd of 100 real consumers. Production begins today in Toronto through March 10.
An original take on crowd-funding, DREAM FUNDED: LET THE CROWD DECIDE, puts all the power in the hands of the crowd, and in the span of one hour, makes dreams come true. In the pilot, seven budding entrepreneurs, known as the “Dreamers”, will introduce their original product to a crowd of 100 curious customers, who each have $250 to support the Dreamer and new product they feel has the most potential. Throughout the show, celebrity entrepreneur experts Amber MacArthur and Ron Tite offer advice and feedback to the Dreamers, helping to elevate their pitches to a higher professional level. At the end of the episode, the Dreamers take home all of the money invested by the crowd, up to $25,000. And to raise the stakes even higher, the Dreamer who has earned the most receives an additional $25,000.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Links: Killjoys, “Sporemageddon” - September 22, 2018
- Link: Wynonna Earp: Emily Andras talks “The Other Woman” - September 22, 2018
- Link: Why director April Mullen loves tackling the unique challenges presented by Wynonna Earp - September 21, 2018