From a media release:
As announced on CTVâ€™s THE SOCIAL this afternoon, the final round of teams for CTVâ€™s THE AMAZING RACE CANADA were revealed for the upcoming third season.
Up from 11 teams last season, a total of 12 teams will race to win more than $1 million dollars in prizes and THE AMAZING RACE CANADA.
The 12 teams who will compete in the THE AMAZING RACE CANADA are:
- Gino and Jesse â€“ Brothers â€“ Hamilton
- Hamilton and Michaelia â€“ Engaged â€“ Centreville, N.S.
- Dana and Amanda â€“ Co-workers â€“ St. Johnâ€™s, N.L.
- Nic and Sabrina â€“ Dating â€“ MontrÃ©al
- Brent and Sean â€“ Brothers â€“ Musquodoboit Harbour, N.S.
- Dujean and Leilani â€“ Exes â€“ Toronto and Halifax, N.S.
- Susan and Sharnjit â€“ Co-workers â€“ Vancouver
- Nick and Matt â€“ Wrestling Teammates â€“ Newmarket, Ont. and Stouffville, Ont.
- Neil and Kristin â€“ Father and daughter â€“ Burlington, Ont..
- Simi and Ope â€“ Father and daughter â€“ Burnaby, B.C.
- Brian and Cynthia â€“ Married â€“ Winnipeg
- Max and Elias â€“ Dating â€“ Toronto
In the end, only one team can win THE AMAZING RACE CANADA and receive the life-changing grand prize valued at close to $1 million dollars, which includes â€œgas for lifeâ€ from Petro-Canada, a $250,000 cash payout, the opportunity to fly for a year anywhere Air Canada flies worldwide in Business Class, plus two Chevrolet Colorado Trucks â€“ the 2015 Motor Trend Truck of the Year. Teams are also competing for special pit stop prizes courtesy of Air Canada and Petro-Canada, to be revealed during the broadcasts.
The third season of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA is back with brand new teams and fresh, exciting, nail-biting challenges. Canadaâ€™s most-watched television series on record now has 12 teams, meaning more action, more challenges, and more at stake as the racers travel across Canada in the hopes of being the first team to cross the finish line. Hosted by Olympic champion and Canadian hero Jon Montgomery (@jonmonty), Season 2 of THE AMAZING RACE CANADA garnered four 2015 Canadian Screen Award wins including Best Reality/Competition Program or Series. Viewers are encouraged to follow @AmazingRaceCDA and stay tuned to THE AMAZING RACE CANADA Facebook page for updates.