From a media release:
– Original six-part series to be produced in 4K by award-winning Montréal-based Productions Casablanca in association with Bell Media and NBCUniversal International Studios –
– Ensemble cast featuring Aden Young, Peter Coyote, Joanne Kelly, Camille Sullivan, Micheline Lanctôt, and Kevin Parent announced –
– THE DISAPPEARANCE will premiere as part of CTV and Super Écran’s 2016/2017 mid-season schedule –
– French-language version to air on Super Écran –
CTV and Super Écran, alongside award-winning Montréal-based Productions Casablanca and NBCUniversal International Studios, announced today that production has begun on THE DISAPPEARANCE, the networks’ new six-part limited run event series. Directed by Peter Stebbings (Defendor, ORPHAN BLACK), the character driven mystery drama begins shooting in 4K in Montréal today. THE DISAPPEARANCE is set to premiere as part of CTV and Super Écran’s 2016/2017 mid-season schedule. NBCUniversal International Studios will act as international distributor.
Also announced today are the members of the cast, which features Peter Coyote (E.T.) as retired judge and prosecutor Henry Sullivan; Aden Young (RECTIFY) as Luke Sullivan, Henry’s son, and a scruffy, soulful musician; Joanne Kelly (WAREHOUSE 13) as Catherine Sullivan, Henry’s daughter and Luke’s sister, and a funny, devoted palliative care nurse; Camille Sullivan (THE MAN IN THE HIGH CASTLE) as Helen Murphy Sullivan, Luke’s ex-wife, a microbiologist, and devoted mother; Micheline Lanctôt (UNITÉ 9) as Susan Bowden, a tough, experienced Lieutenant-Detective; and Kevin Parent (CAFÉ DE FLORE) as Sergeant-Detective Charles Cooper, and Susan’s partner.
THE DISAPPEARANCE is a psychological family drama centered around the unexplained and sudden disappearance of Anthony Sullivan during a treasure hunt on the day of his tenth birthday. The series follows the family as the complex and emotionally fraught mystery of their child’s disappearance unfolds. While both the police and family conduct their own investigations, seeking any signs and trace of evidence, long-buried familial secrets with devastating consequences rise to the surface leaving an unforeseen impact on every member of the Sullivan family.
THE DISAPPEARANCE was first put into development by CTV in October 2015. The series is created and written by the Montréal-based writing team of Normand Daneau and Geneviève Simard. The series is produced by Joanne Forgues and Sophie Parizeau of Productions Casablanca, creators of the Prix Gémeaux-winning series, Les invincibles and Série noire, and is executive produced by Joanne Forgues and Jean-Marc Casanova. Emmy Award-winning JoAnn Alfano (You, Me and the Apocalypse, Resurrection & 30 Rock) will executive produce for NBCUniversal International Studios. The series is directed by Peter Stebbings.
THE DISAPPEARANCE is produced by Productions Casablanca in association with Bell Media and NBCUniversal International Studios, with the financial participation of the Canada Media Fund, the Cogeco Program Development Fund and the assistance of the Québec Film and Television Tax Credit and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit. Super Écran has commissioned the series for French-language broadcast. NBCUniversal International Studios serves as international distributor.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: The Jim Henson Company boards fantasy drama ‘Knights of Panterra’ - October 17, 2018
- Colin and Justin return to their roots in Great Canadian Cottages - October 17, 2018
- Discovery’s newest original Canadian series Vintage Tech Hunters premiering Nov. 5 - October 16, 2018