From a media release:
It’s happening. Soon-ish. The Comedy Network announced today that new original satirical series THE BEAVERTON will premiere on Wednesday, Nov. 9 at 10:30 p.m. ET/PT, conveniently debuting the night after the U.S. Presidential election and leading into THE DAILY SHOW.
Also revealed today are the correspondents rounding out THE BEAVERTON’s news team. Helmed by co-hosts Emma Hunter and Miguel Rivas, the 13-episode, half-hour satirical series features “hard-hitting” news reporter Aisha Alfa; resident provocateur Donavon Stinson; delightfully corrupt financial correspondent Laura Cilevitz; and sharp-tongued foreign correspondent, Marilla Wex.
Among topics on THE BEAVERTON:
- S. militia protecting its border from Canadian Black Friday shoppers
- With beer now available in grocery stores throughout Ontario, The Beer Store fights back by selling groceries
- Uber reaches a deal with Québec to provide taxi drivers with free rides to job interviews
- With the Loonie at a 20-year low, Canada moves to Canadian Tire money as its national currency
- Justin Trudeau wins the Internet by posting dub-smash video while approving the transcontinental pipeline
- Don Cherry unveils new clothing line for women
- A technological breakthrough in Virtual Insanity glasses that lets users experience life as Jamiroquai
A so-called televised adaptation of the immensely popular online satirical site TheBeaverton.com, THE BEAVERTON files fake news stories of the utmost importance, informed by real events, the cultural zeitgeist, and national news media. With nearly 6 million views in 2016 and averaging more than half a million unique visitors a month, TheBeaverton.com has become a go-to source for Canadian satire. Viewers who need a daily dose of biting Canadian satire can check in with TheBeaverton.com for hourly updates.
THE BEAVERTON is the brainchild of co-creators Luke Gordon Field and Jeff Detsky (CALL ME FITZ, SEED) of TheBeaverton.com, as well as website senior editors Jacob Duarte Spiel and Alexander Saxton. Directors are Henry Sarwer-Foner (THE RICK MERCER REPORT) and Shelagh O’Brien (JUST FOR LAUGHS GALAS). Producer is Paula J. Smith. Pier 21 Film’s Laszlo Barna and Melissa Williamson serve as Executive Producers.
THE BEAVERTON is produced by Pier 21 Films in association with The Comedy Network, with the participation of Canadian Media Fund, and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Canada’s public broadcaster launches CBC Gem streaming service - December 11, 2018
- Link: Tony Wong picks 2018’s television winners and losers - December 9, 2018
- Link: Meet the Rizzuto Family, the subject of Netflix’s Bad Blood - December 7, 2018