From a media release:
Itâ€™s happening. Soon-ish. The Comedy Network announced today that new original satirical seriesÂ THE BEAVERTONÂ will premiere onÂ Wednesday,Â Nov. 9Â atÂ 10:30 p.m.Â ET/PT, conveniently debuting the night after the U.S. Presidential election and leading into THE DAILY SHOW.
Also revealed today are the correspondents rounding outÂ THEÂ BEAVERTONâ€™s news team. Helmed by co-hostsÂ Emma HunterÂ andÂ Miguel Rivas, the 13-episode, half-hour satirical series features â€œhard-hittingâ€ news reporterÂ Aisha Alfa; resident provocateurÂ Donavon Stinson;Â delightfully corrupt financial correspondentÂ Laura Cilevitz;Â andÂ sharp-tongued foreign correspondent,Â Marilla Wex.
Among topics onÂ THE BEAVERTON:
- S. militia protecting its border from Canadian Black Friday shoppers
- With beer now available in grocery stores throughout Ontario, The Beer Store fights back by selling groceries
- Uber reaches a deal with QuÃ©bec to provide taxi drivers with free rides to job interviews
- With the Loonie at a 20-year low, Canada moves to Canadian Tire money as its national currency
- Justin Trudeau wins the Internet by posting dub-smash video while approving the transcontinental pipeline
- Don Cherry unveils new clothing line for women
- A technological breakthrough in Virtual Insanity glasses that lets users experience life asÂ Jamiroquai
A so-called televised adaptation of the immensely popular online satirical siteÂ TheBeaverton.com,Â THE BEAVERTONÂ files fake news stories of the utmost importance, informed by real events, the cultural zeitgeist, and national news media. With nearly 6 million views in 2016 and averaging more than half a million unique visitors a month, TheBeaverton.com has become a go-to source for Canadian satire. Viewers who need a daily dose of biting Canadian satire can check in withÂ TheBeaverton.comÂ for hourly updates.
THE BEAVERTONÂ is the brainchild of co-creators Luke Gordon Field and Jeff Detsky (CALL ME FITZ, SEED) of TheBeaverton.com, as well as website senior editors Jacob Duarte Spiel and Alexander Saxton. Directors are Henry Sarwer-Foner (THE RICK MERCER REPORT) and Shelagh Oâ€™Brien (JUST FOR LAUGHS GALAS). Producer is Paula J. Smith. Pier 21 Filmâ€™s Laszlo Barna and Melissa Williamson serve as Executive Producers.
THE BEAVERTONÂ is produced by Pier 21 Films in association with The Comedy Network, with the participation of Canadian Media Fund, and the Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit.