From a media release:
Canada’s most prestigious and high-stakes culinary competition is back with Top Chef Canada: All-Stars. For the first time in Canadian franchise history, Top Chef Canada brings some of the country’s most accomplished chefs from past seasons to battle it out for a chance to earn what has eluded them all: the title of Canada’s Top Chef.
Twelve all-star chefs compete in cutthroat challenges and receive bold critiques from the judging panel which includes recently announced host Eden Grinshpan, head judge chef Mark McEwan and esteemed resident judges Chris Nuttall-Smith, Mijune Pak, and Janet Zuccarini. This season, the returning chefs unpack their knives and fight for a chance to win a $100,000 grand prize courtesy of Interac Flash and a Monogram kitchen valued at over $25,000. Top Chef Canada: All-Stars premieres Sunday, April 2 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Food Network Canada.
Meet the 12 chefs returning to the Top Chef Canada kitchen for a second chance at winning it all:
- Connie DeSousa – Season 1, Calgary, AB.
- Dustin Gallagher – Season 1, Toronto, ON.
- Andrea Nicholson – Season 1, Toronto, ON.
- Todd Perrin – Season 1, Quidi Vidi Village, NL.
- Trevor Bird – Season 2, Vancouver, BC.
- Jonathan Korecki – Season 2, Ottawa ON.
- Curtis Luk – Season 2, Vancouver, BC.
- Elizabeth Rivasplata – Season 2, Toronto, ON.
- Trista Sheen – Season 2, Toronto, ON.
- Nicole Gomes – Season 3, Calgary, AB.
- Dennis Tay – Season 3, Toronto, ON.
- Jesse Vergen – Season 4, Saint John, NB.
Throughout the competition, the chefs serve up refined dishes for acclaimed culinary guest judges including: Chopped Canada judges Lynn Crawford, John Higgins, Susur Lee and Antonio Park; Sugar Showdown host Josh Elkin; television personality, cookbook author and restaurateur Lidia Bastianich; culinary superstar, chef and restaurateur Daniel Boulud; chef/owner of Raymonds in downtown St. John’s Jeremy Charles; celebrity chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Maneet Chauhan; chef/owner of Montreal’s Maison Publique Derek Dammann; food writer and cookbook author Sabrina Ghayour; chef/owner of Montreal’s Toqué! and Brasserie T! Normand Laprise; owner of Big Gay Ice Cream Doug Quint, and chef/owner of Toronto’s Bar Raval, Bar Isabel and El Rey Mezcal Bar, Grant Van Gameren.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: CBC-TV is fighting back - May 25, 2018
- Preview: George Chuvalo delivers knockout punch in Private Eyes’ return - May 25, 2018
- Reaction: CBC’s slate of new programs for the 2018-19 broadcast season - May 25, 2018