From a media release:
This spring, CHCH presents an original series celebrating the best in Canadian documentary filmmaking. Documented is a curated collection of 17 critically-acclaimed, award-winning films, presented by host Brigitte Truong. In the style of Saturday Night at the Movies and Turner Classic Movies, Documented features exclusive content beyond just the film, including well-rounded discussion and interviews with some of the biggest Canadian documentary filmmakers working today. The series will premiere on Saturday, April 1, 2017, and will continue to air Saturdays at 8pm this Spring.
Documentary has been called “Canada’s national art form” and the titles in Documented reflect this. The series has something for everyone: world travellers, sports fans, history buffs, and anyone who loves a good story. These are real stories about real people, told honestly.
Titles in Documented include:
Stories We Tell (Sarah Polley) – April 1
– Best Documentary – Canadian Screen Awards
– Film of the Year – Toronto Film Critics Association
– Shortlisted – Academy Award for Best Documentary
An inspired, genre-twisting documentary from Oscar-nominee Sarah Polley. Polley’s playful investigation of a shocking question: who is her real father?
Our Man in Tehran (Larry Weinstein & Drew Taylor) – April 8
– Winner of 5 Canadian Screen Awards including Best Documentary
The true story of the daring rescue of six Americans by Canadian intelligence operatives during the Iranian Hostage Crisis. Viewers will know this story from the Hollywood adaptation, Argo. Featuring former ambassador Ken Taylor and former Prime Minister Joe Clark.
Wizard Mode (Jeff Petry & Nathan Drillot) – April 15
A dive into the world of competitive pinball with the game’s reigning champion, 27-year-old Canadian Robert Gagno. Diagnosed with autism at a young age, Robert has exceeded every expectation put upon him.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Media Headquarters announces greenlight of daring wilderness expedition series ‘The Brigade’ - April 26, 2018
- Link: New additions to Dragons’ Den seek to fan entrepreneurial flames - April 26, 2018
- Love is in the venue with new Bell Media Studios’ series, Where To I Do?, starring Tommy Smythe - April 26, 2018