From a media release:
Through the previous six seasons of MASTERCHEF CANADA, 82 competitors earned a coveted white apron, but only six rose to the very top earning the sought-after title. For the all-new season, talented and passionate former competitors return to the MASTERCHEF CANADA Kitchen for an unprecedented second chance in MASTERCHEF CANADA: BACK TO WIN. Airing Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT beginning Feb. 14 on CTV, and the all-new CTV.ca and CTV app, MASTERCHEF CANADA: BACK TO WIN sees former competitors from previous seasons compete for another chance at the life-changing title, $100,000 cash prize, and a â€œChefâ€™s Culinary Packageâ€ courtesy of long-running series partner and official major appliance sponsor, Miele.
MASTERCHEF CANADA judges and 2020 Canadian Screen Awards nominees for â€œBest Host or Presenter, Factual or Reality/Competitionâ€, Michael Bonacini (O&B restaurant empire), Alvin Leung (Bo Innovation in Hong Kong), and Claudio Aprile (Xango in Toronto), return to advise, mentor, and critique the cooks as they compete in a series of culinary challenges. This season, the judgesâ€™ expectations are higher than ever, putting experienced cooks to the test as they face the toughest hurdles ever seen in the MASTERCHEF CANADA Kitchen.
The 12 returning cooks vying for the MASTERCHEF CANADA title are:
- Andre Bhagwandat â€“ Season 6, 2nd place â€“ Private Events and Pop-Ups, from Whitby, Ont.
- Andrew Al-Khouri â€“ Season 2, 10th place â€“ Restaurateur from Halifax, N.S
- Andy Hay â€“ Season 5, 2nd place â€“ Food Content Creator from Dartmouth, N.S.
- April Lee Baker â€“ Season 3, 5th place â€“ Private Chef and Caterer from Calgary, Alta.
- Barrie McConachie â€“ Season 4, 3rd place â€“ Private Chef and Culinary Events, from Vancouver, B.C.
- Christopher Siu â€“ Season 2, 5th place â€“ Bakery Owner from Markham, Ont.
- Dora Cote â€“ Season 1, 11th place â€“ Former Restaurateur/Plumber from Wainwright, Alta.
- Jen Jenkins â€“ Season 5, 8th place â€“ Culinary Student from Niagara Falls, Ont.
- Jeremy Senaris â€“ Season 3, 2nd place â€“ Private Chef from Winnipeg, Man.
- Mai Nguyen â€“ Season 4, 4th place â€“ Dumpling Business Owner from Edmonton, Alta.
- Marissa Leon-John â€“ Season 5, 7th place â€“ Private Chef from MontrÃ©al, QuÃ©.
- Thea Vanherwaarden â€“ Season 4, 2nd place â€“ Recipe Developer and Content Creator from Vancouver, B.C
The 12 competitors span all previous six seasons, and include a range of former finalists and tough competitors who were taken out too soon. With sky-high stakes, the competitors will need to prove to the judges that theyâ€™ve further honed their skills, knowledge, passion, and creativity â€“ they have a tougher mountain to climb as they vie for the title for the second time. The cooks will take on everything from high-intensity skills tests to gruelling challenges, while impressing special guests and world-renowned chefs. In the end, the top cooks face off in the finale showdown. Visit TheLede.ca for cook bios and photos.
Throughout the season, fans are invited to visit CTV.ca/MasterChefCanada for exclusive content, including information on the Season 7 finalists and the MASTERCHEF CANADA judges, as well as interviews, highlights, recipes, and more. CTV.ca and the CTV app also offers viewers a behind-the-scenes look at this seasonâ€™s challenges, delectable dishes, victories, and defeats
Leading up to the Season 7 premiere, viewers across the country can satisfy their MASTERCHEF CANADA cravings and relive all the culinary action from previous seasons of the series available on the all-new CTV.ca and on the CTV app, along with Seasons 4-6 now streaming on Crave. New episodes of MASTERCHEF CANADA are available on-demand the day following their broadcast premieres on CTV.
The MasterChef format and finished programs are represented internationally by Banijay. With over 60 local adaptations broadcast in more than 200 countries, MasterChef is the worldâ€™s most successful cookery television format. MasterChef was created by Franc Roddam.
MASTERCHEF CANADA is produced by Proper Television in association with CTV. Properâ€™s Co-President Cathie James is the Executive Producer and Showrunner and Co-President Lesia Capone is Executive Producer.