From a media release:
COMING UP NEXT WEEK ON CANADAâ€™S GOT TALENT: SIX NEW SEMIFINALISTS COMPETE IN LIVE, PRESSURE-PACKED PERFORMANCE SHOW, APRIL 29 ON CITYTV
- Angela & Rally, Eric Saintonge, Jive, KRNFX, Sagkeengâ€™s Finest, and Silvia Ricciotto perform
- Canadaâ€™s Got Talent airs Sundays at 8 p.m. and Mondays at 9 p.m. local time on Citytv
With only a few spots left on the roster of acts competing in the final round, the stakes continue to get higher on Canadaâ€™s Got Talent this week. The next six semifinalists will battle it out for viewersâ€™ votes and to win the judgesâ€™ favour in the live, action-packed performance show for Week 5 of the semifinals on Sunday, April 29 at 8 p.m. local time on Citytv. The live results show airs on Monday, April 30 at 9 p.m. local time.
The next group of Canadaâ€™s Got Talent semifinalists performing on Sunday, April 29 are:
- ANGELA EWTUSHIK, 39, and her dog RALLY, 7 (Animal Act), from Harriston, ON
- ERIC SAINTONGE, 37 (Circus Performer), from Montreal, QC
- JIVE (Brother and Sister Ballroom Dance Act), ages: 17 and 19, from Montreal, QC
- KRNFX a.k.a. TERRY IM, 22 (Beatboxer), from Toronto, ON
- SAGKEENGâ€™S FINEST (Three-member Traditional Dance Group), ages: 16-17, from Sagkeeng First Nation, Fort Alexander, MB
- SILVIA RICCIOTTO, 49 (Solo Singer), from Montreal, QC (b. Argentina)
As revealed Monday night on Canadaâ€™s Got Talent, the highest vote-getter from Week 4, country singer Ivan Daigle (Petitcodiac, N.B) and judgesâ€™ pick, rapper Mathew â€œThe Emseeâ€ Cathcart (Hamilton, ON) join previously announced finalists â€“ dancer Shale Wagman (Toronto), opera singer Emilio Fina (Petersburg, ON), rock band Angry Candy (Moncton, NB), beatboxer Scott Jackson (Toronto), hip hop dance group Freshh (Vancouver) and opera singer Julie Lafontaine (Montreal) â€“ in the Canadaâ€™s Got Talent finals on May 13.
Each week, up to seven semifinalists take the Canadaâ€™s Got Talent stage to show the judges, the live studio audience, and viewers across Canada if they have what it takes to reach the finals and be crowned the nationâ€™s most talented performer. In the weekly results show, two semifinalists will advance â€“ one who collects the most viewersâ€™ votes and one selected by judges Martin Short, Measha Brueggergosman and Stephan Moccio from the acts who placed second and third amongst voters.
Canadians act as the â€˜fourth judgeâ€™ on Canadaâ€™s Got Talent, with the chance to vote for their favourite acts immediately following each live performance show. For more information on how to vote and a list of FAQs, visit CanadasGotTalent.com. Public voting will remain open from 9 p.m. ET to 2 a.m. ET.