From a media release:
Tyler Harcott Named Host of The Bachelor Canada on Citytv
- Veteran Canadian TV personality has hosted 14 series in Canada and the U.S.
- Will help recently announced bachelor Brad Smith on his journey to find love, in the first-ever Canadian version of the popular Bachelor franchise
Having hosted nearly every kind of TV show in almost every kind of environment – from studio and junkyard to cruise ship and on location in the Middle East – veteran host Tyler Harcott will bring his 17 years of experience to a new audience as the host of The Bachelor Canada, premiering this fall on Citytv. Harcott was introduced today as part of Citytv’s annual Upfront presentation.
Earlier this month, CFL free agent Brad Smith was revealed as the first-ever Canadian bachelor. Additional details about the production, including the identities of the 25 Canadian bachelorettes, will be announced in the coming weeks.
A native of Calgary, Harcott, 43, earned a communications degree at the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT) Polytechnic before getting his start in the entertainment industry in theatre, film and television. His first foray into broadcasting was as a radio disc jockey at CKGY FM in Red Deer, Alberta. Shortly following, Harcott landed his first hosting job in 1995 while visiting Hong Kong, which led him to various other culture-rich locales, including India, Dubai and Indonesia. Throughout his career, Harcott has hosted 14 programs, including Wired, Junkyard Wars, Guess Who’s Coming to Decorate?, and Miss America: Countdown to the Crown.
Latest posts by Diane Wild (see all)
- The legacy of Denis McGrath - March 24, 2017
- Crash Gallery returns for a colourful, chaotic second season - February 5, 2017
- Myth or Science: The Secrets of our Senses comes to The Nature of Things - January 18, 2017