Mission Interrupted indeed. I’m going to miss Brian’s pithy quips, his eye-rolling and, mostly recently, his attempt at Jedi mind-tricking Kolkata’s sculpture vendor. The police officers were the latest team to be eliminated from The Amazing Race Canada on Wednesday night.
During the last few weeks, tough challenges hampered the teams; this week it was the intense heat and crowded streets of Kolkata, India, that challenged everyone perhaps more mentally than physically. Gino and Jesse bitched at each other, Ope became frustrated with Simi and Brian was downright surly to Cynthia; all were the result of humidity and frayed nerves in packed neighbourhoods.
Brothers Sean and Brent—who enjoyed a season-best first-place finish and business-class seats to India—literally crashed back down to earth during the Roll Detour involving yoga. Poor Brent went head-first into the stone paving, injuring himself and bringing tears. This is the lowest we’ve seen the spunky pair, and admit I felt badly for them. Luckily, they turned things around and live to Race another day. Gino and Jesse tumbled down the standings thanks to having a hard time finding the shops to visit during the Tuck Detour and lost precious moments. I’m so used to seeing the pride of Hamilton in first or second it was a shock for them to be so close to elimination.
The Leg’s bright spot? Dujean and Leilani, who used their dance background to full effect during the yoga challenge and landed in front of Jon Montgomery on top of the world.
Here’s how the teams finished this Leg:
- Dujean and Leilani
- Nick and Matt
- Brent and Sean
- Simi and Ope
- Gino and Jesse
- Brian and Cynthia (eliminated)
Notes and quotes
- Those business class seats sure looked comfy.
- “Paramount Drinks and Syrups.”
- “Can you airborne shuffle it?”
- Sulking never won a Leg of the Race, Brian.
The Amazing Race Canada airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: Actress Abigail Winter chats with us about the hit show “Mary Kills People” and her projects - January 20, 2018
- Link: Canadian linguistic delight ‘Letterkenny’ may be the best comedy on TV right now - January 20, 2018
- Link: Anna Paquin: It was tough to be a ‘semi-perky mommy’ while working on ‘Bellevue’ - January 19, 2018