From a media release:
From the East Coast to the West Coast and everywhere in between, Global’s Big Brother Canada is ready to find the next outrageous group of houseguests with venues confirmed for its national casting tour. Canadians 19 years of age and older can either apply online at BigBrotherCanada.ca now through October 26, or in person from 10am to 2pm at the following locations:
Saturday, September 19
Vancouver, BC – The Bourbon, 50 W Cordova St.
Montréal, QC – BLVD44, 2108 Boul. St-Laurent
Saturday, September 26
Calgary, AB – Ranchman’s, 9615 Macleod Trail SE
Edmonton, AB – Knoxville’s, 10736 Jasper Ave NW
Halifax, NS – MicMac Mall, 21 Micmac Blvd
Saturday, October 3
Winnipeg, MB – Polo Park Mall, 1485 Portage Ave.
St.John’s, NL – Sundance Bar and Grill, 30 George Street
Saturday, October 24
Toronto, ON – Location to be announced
Houseguest hopefuls not able to attend an open call can apply online at BigBrotherCanada.ca. Season 2 winner Jon Pardy’s online application got him his ticket into the house – check out his video here.
Every online submission is viewed by Big Brother Canada’s rock-star casting team, and to help online applicants stand out from the pack Big Brother casting director Robyn Kass offers the following tips:
1. Don’t plan too much and talk naturally.
2. Make sure your lighting and sound work properly.
3. Stay away from the same Big Brother clichés we hear time and time again, such as: “I can be your best friend or your worst enemy,” or “You either love me or hate me.”
4. Tell us something unique about yourself that will make you stand out.
5. Have a good time!
Airing exclusively on Global early in 2016, Big Brother Canada plucks a group of hand-picked strangers from their homes, sequesters them from the outside world, and places them inside a house outfitted wall-to-wall with cameras and microphones that capture their every move. Competing for a grand cash prize, each week the houseguests battle in a series of challenges that give them power or punishment, voting each other out until the fate of the final two is decided by a jury of fellow houseguests.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Links: Little Dog, Season 2 - January 17, 2019
- Preview: Little Dog gets back into the ring for Season 2 - January 16, 2019
- Original drama Ransom joins Global’s winter schedule beginning February 16 - January 15, 2019