From a media release:
– Stars Hannah John-Kamen, Aaron Ashmore, and Luke MacFarlane return as the dynamic trio of interplanetary bounty hunters –
– Michelle Lovretta returns as showrunner; new directors include Martin Wood, Stefan Pleszczynski, Ruba Nadda, Jeff Renfroe, and Grant Harvey –
– Shot in Toronto, Season 2 is set to premiere in 2016 on Space and Syfy –
Space announced today that production has begun on Season 2 of its most-watched original series ever, KILLJOYS. Created by showrunner Michelle Lovretta (LOST GIRL) and produced by Temple Street Productions (ORPHAN BLACK) in association with Space and Syfy, the 10-episode, one-hour adventure drama is set to premiere in 2016 on Space. Shot in Toronto, the critically acclaimed ratings hit continues to follow interplanetary bounty hunters – or “killjoys” – Dutch (Hannah John-Kamen, THE HOUR), Johnny (Aaron Ashmore, SMALLVILLE), and D’avin (Luke MacFarlane, BROTHERS AND SISTERS), as they chase deadly warrants throughout the Quad, a distant planetary system on the brink of a bloody class war.
Returning to direct this season are Paolo Barzman, and Peter Stebbings. New to direct this season are Martin Wood, Stefan Pleszczynski, Ruba Nadda, Jeff Renfroe and Grant Harvey. Spearheaded by Lovretta, the writing team includes Adam Barken, Jeremy Boxen, Jon Cooksey, Julian Doucet, Sean Reycraft, and Priscilla White.
In Season 2, the trio is on the move to uncover Dutch’s duplicitous and mysterious childhood mentor, Khlyen’s (Rob Stewart, SUITS) secret agenda. As shocking truths are revealed, Dutch, D’avin, and Johnny realize the Quad’s notorious criminals are no match for the threat within the Reclamation Apprehension Coalition (RAC). The Killjoy’s loyalties are tested as they struggle to find the balance between politics, family, and the good of the Quad. With so much on the line, they begin to wonder if the warrant is indeed all.
Season 1 of KILLJOYS culminated with an audience-high 560,000 viewers for the season finale. Throughout its run, KILLJOYS averaged nearly 450,000 viewers in its timeslot, making it Space’s most-watched original series of all time.
Executive Producers are David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg of Temple Street Productions and Karen Troubetzkoy. D.J. Carson serves as Producer. Universal Cable Productions distributes the series worldwide except Canada.
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Link: ‘Everything has been escalated’ for Season 3 of Alberta-shot Wynonna Earp - January 18, 2018
- Link: How Actress Sadie O’Neil Is Transforming Trans Life on TV - January 18, 2018
- Preview: Frankie Drake Mysteries dips into Frankie’s past - January 18, 2018