From a media release:
CBC, Canada’s public broadcaster and the number-one media brand in Canada,* today announced broadcast premiere dates for its fall 2017 television season, featuring a uniquely Canadian lineup of new and returning series including Canada’s most-watched homegrown drama and comedy series, MURDOCH MYSTERIES and KIM’S CONVENIENCE.**
New original series launching on CBC this fall include the highly anticipated miniseries ALIAS GRACE (6×60) premiering Mon.Sept. 25, written and produced by Sarah Polley, directed by Mary Harron and starring Sarah Gadon, based on the novel by Margaret Atwood; THE GREAT CANADIAN BAKING SHOW (8×60), the homemade version of the popular British competition bringing together 10 amateur bakers from across Canada hosted by Dan Levy and Julia Chan, premiering Wed. Nov. 1; FRANKIE DRAKE MYSTERIES (11×60) from the producers of Murdoch Mysteries, following Toronto’s only female private detective in the 1920s, premiering Mon. Nov. 6; and THE STATS OF LIFE (4×30); a factual series that humanizes a range of population statistics to reveal the surprising truths about how Canadians live today, premiering Fri. Nov. 24.
CBC will also offer the exclusive Canadian broadcast of Jane Campion’s acclaimed drama TOP OF THE LAKE: CHINA GIRL (7×60) premiering on Wed. Oct. 25, starring Elizabeth Moss and Nicole Kidman. The BAFTA-nominated British series THE DURRELLS (6×60) will also premiere on Wed. Sept. 13.
Returning drama, comedy, factual and arts series include CORONATION STREET (Sept. 18), with six new episodes per week this fall including back-to-back episodes on Mondays; DRAGONS’ DEN (Sept. 28), featuring Arlene Dickinson’s return to the Den as the sixth Dragon; arts series EXHIBITIONISTS (Sept. 22); weekday daytime series THE GOODS (Sept. 18); HEARTLAND (Sept. 24); Emmy-nominated political arts series INTERRUPT THIS PROGRAM (Oct. 13); KIM’S CONVENIENCE (Sept. 26); MR. D (Sept. 26); MURDOCH MYSTERIES (Sept. 25); RICK MERCER REPORT (Sept. 26); and THIS HOUR HAS 22 MINUTES (Sept. 26).
On Mon. Nov. 6, flagship news program THE NATIONAL launches with a new format hosted by Adrienne Arsenault, Rosemary Barton, Andrew Chang and Ian Hanomansing. CBC News’ investigative series MARKETPLACE, THE FIFTH ESTATE and THE INVESTIGATORS WITH DIANA SWAIN also return with new seasons on Fri. Sept. 15.
CBC’s award-winning documentary programming moves to Sundays starting Sept. 24 including David Suzuki’s THE NATURE OF THINGS, which will launch its new season with THE WILD CANADIAN YEAR (5×60), showcasing Canada’s extraordinary wildlife; and CBC DOCS POV (formerly FIRSTHAND), which launches with Bee Nation, a charming documentary following students as they prepare for the first-ever First Nations Provincial Spelling Bee in Canada.
Also this fall, CBC SPORTS will provide compelling coverage and storytelling leading up to the OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES PYEONGCHANG 2018 and connect Canadians with high-performance athletes each weekend with ROAD TO THE OLYMPIC GAMES, which launches its fall season on Sat. Oct. 21 with coverage of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating from Moscow, Russia.
CBC’s fall 2017 broadcast premiere dates and times are as follows –
All series will also be available to stream on the CBC TV app and at cbc.ca/watch (all times local with the exception of Newfoundland, please add half an hour to all times)
- 2 p.m. The Goods (Season 2 premieres Sept. 18)
- 7 p.m. Coronation Street (fall premiere Sept. 18)
- 8 p.m. Murdoch Mysteries (Season 11 premieres Sept. 25)
- 9 p.m. Alias Grace (Miniseries premieres Sept. 25)
[Frankie Drake Mysteries series premieres Nov. 6]
- 10 p.m. The National (launches Nov. 6)
- 8 p.m. Rick Mercer Report (Season 15 premieres Sept. 26)
- 8:30 p.m. This Hour Has 22 Minutes (Season 25 premieres Sept. 26)
- 9 p.m. Kim’s Convenience (Season 2 premieres Sept. 26)
- 9:30 p.m. Mr. D (Season 7 premieres Sept. 26)
- 8 p.m. The Great British Baking Show Season 7 premieres Aug. 23
[The Great Canadian Baking Show premieres Nov. 1]
- 8 p.m. Dragons’ Den (Season 12 premieres Sept. 28 with a two-hour special)
- 8 p.m. Marketplace (Season 45 premieres Sept .15)
- 8:30 p.m. The Investigators with Diana Swain (premieres Sept. 15)
[Interrupt This Program Season 3 premieres Oct.13]
[The Stats of Life series premieres Nov. 24]
- 9 p.m. The Fifth Estate (Season 43 premieres Sept. 15)
- 12:30 a.m. Exhibitionists (Season 3 premieres Sept. 22)
- 6:30 p.m. ET Hockey Night in Canada
- 7 p.m. Heartland (Season 11 premieres Sept. 24)
- 8 p.m. The Nature of Things (Season 57 premieres Sept. 24)
- 9 p.m. CBC Docs POV (Season 4 premieres Sept. 24)
Latest posts by Greg David (see all)
- Murdoch Mysteries: Showrunner Peter Mitchell talks “Murdoch Mystery Mansion” - September 24, 2018
- Preview: Frankie Drake Mysteries returns with a change in tone in Season 2 - September 24, 2018
- Link: Downton Abbey’s Daisy guest stars on Murdoch Mysteries - September 23, 2018