From a media release:
Production has begun on Season 4 of the Space original series KILLJOYS, created by Michelle Lovretta.
On hand to deliver the revealing sneak peek are KILLJOYS stars Hannah John-Kamen, Aaron Ashmore, and Luke McFarlane, and the series’ newly promoted showrunner, Adam Barken.
- KILLJOYS, Spaces most-watched original series, stars Hannah John-Kamen (Ready Player One, Ant-Man and the Wasp) as Dutch, Aaron Ashmore (CARDINAL) as John Jaqobis, and Luke MacFarlane (THE NIGHT SHIFT) as D’avin Jaqobis.
- The 10-episode season is shot in Toronto and surrounding areas and is set to return to Space in Canada and SYFY in the U.S. later this year.
- Creator Michelle Lovretta (LOST GIRL, THE SECRET CIRCLE) who served as Showrunner the first three seasons, continues as Executive Producer and Writer.
- Adam Barken (X COMPANY, Bruno and Boots) who has been a writer and producer on the series since Season 1, is promoted to Executive Producer and Showrunner.
- Additional executive producers are David Fortier, Ivan Schneeberg, Karen Troubetzkoy and Stefan Pleszczynski.
- The series is produced by Claire Welland. Trish Williams serves as Co-Executive producer. Andrea Boyd is Supervising Producer, and Beth Iley is Co-Producer
- The series is written by Michelle Lovretta and Adam Barken as well as consulting producers Niko Troubetzkoy, Andrew DeAngelis, and Julie Puckrin, producer Julian Doucet, and story editors Derek Robertson, Vivian Lin, and Nile Seguin.
- Directors are Stefan Pleszczynski, Samir Rehem, Michael Marshall, Stephanie Morgenstern, Peter Stebbings, and Paolo Barzman.
- Seasons 1 and 2 of KILLJOYS are streaming now on CraveTV.
At the end of Season 3, our Killjoys are scattered to the far corners of the J Galaxy and beyond. Dutch is on a journey to face her biggest foe yet, while D’av and John are trapped in an elevator in deep space with a pregnant Delle Seyah (Mayko Nguyen). They are united by the knowledge of the name of their true enemy, The Lady, an immeasurable manifestation of evil without beginning or end. The Lady is making her play and our trio has something she wants – the Hullen Heir.
KILLJOYS is produced by Temple Street, a division of Boat Rocker Studios, in association with Space and SYFY.
From Bridget Liszewski of The TV Junkies:
Link: Wynonna Earp’s Katherine Barrell on a possible darker past for Nicole
“The world is moving so fast, and there are so many real dangers, that the baby puts a lot of stuff in perspective. When you have this innocent child to take care of, it clears the bullshit really quickly. For Waverly and Nicole, having that baby and taking her to that helicopter, I thought it was a really great metaphor for the fact that nothing else really matters besides family.” Continue reading.
From Heather M. of TV Goodness:
Link: Michelle Lovretta Wraps Up Killjoys Season 3
“I wanted to, as a writer, be able to set the table literally and metaphorically for myself by starting the episode with family because that’s where Killjoys begins and ends for me. Every season we add a few people to the mix or temporarily or permanently, as the case may be, take people out of the mix.” Continue reading.