22 Minutes, CBC – Holiday Special
Tune in for the funniest Holiday Special of the season: the 22 Minutes annual hour-long special. Premier Alison Redford reads ‘Twas the Night Before Alberta Christmas’, Allan Hawco and friends with a Republic of Doyle HolidaySpecial, Shaun Majumder takes the ancient tradition of Mummering to Fort McMurray, Tom Harrington of Marketplace with a Holiday Expose, and Mark Critch tries out at a professional Santa School. Plus there are new song parodies and seasonal greetings from across Canada!
Anthony and Diane are joined by Bob Lackie (@rjlackie) to talk about the CRTC’s Let’s Talk TV questions, plus we wrap up the TV, eh? charity auction, discuss the Mission Asteroid interview for the Mission Asteroid documentary that didn’t air, and mention this a little.
- Anthony Marco can be found at anthonymarco.com and on Twitter
- Diane Wild can be found at dianewild.com and on Twitter
From John Doyle of the Globe and Mail:
Seed: This baby’s got potential for a Gen Y hit
“We only shoot the baby once a week.” That’s pretty much the first thing I hear on the set of Seed, the comedy series. It’s day 47 of a 52-day schedule. In this emphatically unglamorous building in a Dartmouth industrial park, about 65 people are working on the funny business. Outside it’s pouring rain and there’s a fierce wind blowing. By evening, most flights out of Halifax airport will be cancelled. Continue reading.
The TV, eh? charity auction in support of Kids Help Phone, a free, anonymous and confidential phone and on-line professional counselling service for youth, ends today at 6 pm PT/9 pm ET. All money raised will go to the charity — TV, eh? is donating shipping and Paypal costs. Bid now on:
- The Listener set visit and walk on role (donated by Shaftesbury)
- Air Farce New Years Eve taping VIP tickets plus DVD (donated by Air Farce)
- Flashpoint DVD complete box set autographed by the creators (donated by Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Flashpoint finale script autographed by the cast and creators donated by Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit package including t-shirt, tote, autographed cast picture, baseball cap and mug (donated by Lawrence Kaplow and Law & Order: SVU)
- Anna & Kristina kitchen gift package including a KitchenAid blender, apron, cookbook, tote bag (donated by Worldwide Bag Media)
- Primeval: New World crew t-shirt and autographed dinosaurs (donated by Gillian Horvath)
- Sanctuary tote bag and autographed script (donated by Gillian Horvath)
- Mr. Young costumes (donated by Mr. Young)
- Philips Sonicare toothbrush (donated by Dr. Corey Low)
|Image||Item Name||Time Left||Price|
Marketplace, CBC – You’re Not Covered
From your car to your home to your vacation, MARKETPLACE reveals the loopholes in insurance policies that could leave you without coverage. MARKETPLACE meets a couple who have an accident while on vacation. They discover that a small error their insurer says they made on the travel insurance medical questionnaire meant they weren’t covered. They are left in financial ruin. Experts say the questionnaires are set up to make you fail. Through another story about a car accident, we learn that your car insurance will not cover you for the diminished value of your car after an accident, while some US insurances do provide this coverage. MARKETPLACE’s third segment looks at the fine print in home insurance policies for floods and mortgage insurance.