Anthony and Diane are joined by Bob Lackie (@rjlackie) to talk about the CRTC’s Let’s Talk TV questions, plus we wrap up the TV, eh? charity auction, discuss the Mission Asteroid interview for the Mission Asteroid documentary that didn’t air, and mention this a little.
- Anthony Marco can be found at anthonymarco.com and on Twitter
- Diane Wild can be found at dianewild.com and on Twitter
From John Doyle of the Globe and Mail:
Seed: This baby’s got potential for a Gen Y hit
“We only shoot the baby once a week.” That’s pretty much the first thing I hear on the set of Seed, the comedy series. It’s day 47 of a 52-day schedule. In this emphatically unglamorous building in a Dartmouth industrial park, about 65 people are working on the funny business. Outside it’s pouring rain and there’s a fierce wind blowing. By evening, most flights out of Halifax airport will be cancelled. Continue reading.
The TV, eh? charity auction in support of Kids Help Phone, a free, anonymous and confidential phone and on-line professional counselling service for youth, ends today at 6 pm PT/9 pm ET. All money raised will go to the charity — TV, eh? is donating shipping and Paypal costs. Bid now on:
- The Listener set visit and walk on role (donated by Shaftesbury)
- Air Farce New Years Eve taping VIP tickets plus DVD (donated by Air Farce)
- Flashpoint DVD complete box set autographed by the creators (donated by Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Flashpoint finale script autographed by the cast and creators donated by Mark Ellis and Stephanie Morgenstern)
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit package including t-shirt, tote, autographed cast picture, baseball cap and mug (donated by Lawrence Kaplow and Law & Order: SVU)
- Anna & Kristina kitchen gift package including a KitchenAid blender, apron, cookbook, tote bag (donated by Worldwide Bag Media)
- Primeval: New World crew t-shirt and autographed dinosaurs (donated by Gillian Horvath)
- Sanctuary tote bag and autographed script (donated by Gillian Horvath)
- Mr. Young costumes (donated by Mr. Young)
- Philips Sonicare toothbrush (donated by Dr. Corey Low)
|Image||Item Name||Time Left||Price|
Marketplace, CBC – You’re Not Covered
From your car to your home to your vacation, MARKETPLACE reveals the loopholes in insurance policies that could leave you without coverage. MARKETPLACE meets a couple who have an accident while on vacation. They discover that a small error their insurer says they made on the travel insurance medical questionnaire meant they weren’t covered. They are left in financial ruin. Experts say the questionnaires are set up to make you fail. Through another story about a car accident, we learn that your car insurance will not cover you for the diminished value of your car after an accident, while some US insurances do provide this coverage. MARKETPLACE’s third segment looks at the fine print in home insurance policies for floods and mortgage insurance.
Note that Mission Asteroid will be rescheduled. Airing tonight instead:
Madiba: The Life and Times of Nelson Mandela
From his birth, 95 years ago in the Xhosa homeland, to his final days in the hearts and minds of citizens the world over, Nelson Mandela was a Nobel prize-winning freedom fighter who devoted his life to the pursuit of justice for all.
“I have cherished the idea of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony”
Those words, from the young Mandela, landed him in a South African jail, where he remained for 27 years. When he emerged, the prisoner became president. Mandela was the key to breaking apartheid. He peacefully wrested power from one of the world’s most despised regimes. Doc Zone’s updated consideration of the Life of Madiba includes interviews with Mandela and dozens of key figures in his nation’s history.